The Patagonia Ascensionist 30L Backpack is a lightweight Ski Touring/Alpine Climbing technical pack. It's a rugged but lightweight design, aimed at fast ascents with a minimalistic approach.
30L volume is perfect for single day ski touring expeditions and could expand out enough to do a sneaky overnighter. The four rows of attachment points on the front give ample room to attach a sleeping mat and/or helmet with minimal weight penalties.
The Ripstop Cordura® fabric is bomber but lightweight, and a ton of compression strap options make sure that you can manage the weight inside you pack how you like.
Fit wise the Ascensionist is a dream. With Ergonomic shoulder straps and lift loaders, the comfort is far from the minimalist design of the rest of the pack. Complete with a lightweight hip belt and low profile Sternum strap.
If you want to go far, the Ascensionist will take you there.
- Lightweight, bomber, tear- and abrasion-resistant CORDURA® nylon/polyester ripstop
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- Minimalist hip belt and low-profile sternum strap
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Compression straps on sides help manage different-sized loads
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating