The Rossignol Soul 7 HD is one of the most sought after skis on the market. Its a powder ski with a groomer friendly 106mm waist. The large tip rocker props you up in powder and makes for dreamy turns in deep snow.
Who’s it for?
The Soul 7 is the most accessible powder ski on the market. If you have ever struggled with skiing powder, the Soul 7 will have your back. The Soul 7 HD has been beefed up and is now found on the feet of skiers in the Freeride World Tour sending the biggest cliffs in gnarliest conditions.
Why we love it?
The giant tip rocker floats lets the Soul 7 punch way above its weight in powder and still have excellent performance on groomers afterwards. It is a great ski for Australian powder and overseas travel.
Looking for a Ski & Binding Package? We have taken the guesswork out of it for you. Buy a Soul 7 HD Ski & Binding Package now!
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.