The ATK R12 is the choice for the latest generation of freetourers looking for performance and comfort at the same time. Extreme stiffness of the boot/ski connection, no torsional movements, precise release for the greatest backcountry experience available.
The R12 is the latest generation of the Raider series and comes with an ultralight toe piece with pin heel and brake at the heel. The brakes are some of the best in the alpine touring world as they are burly and easy to use, whilst remaining light enough to not be a burden. 330 grams makes the R12 one of the lightest bindings available with a brake.
5 different touring heights thanks to the impressive Magneto system give you the ultimate in choice while ascending. These settings are easily changed with a pole to make your ascent super efficient. No more body contortion to change your riser level!
5-12 Release range is perfect for the vast majority of us, and if you need more, the FR14 is the same binding with beefier springs.
- Easy Entry System: new toe geometry that optimizes the boot step-in, which results extremely reactive and powerful.
- SNOW PACK PROOF SYSTEM®: no snow pack under the toe part, even with several up-hill/downhill transitions; it also avoids snow loads on the toe piece, granting a perfect lightness at any moment.
- U.H.V.® System (Up-hill Hardness Variator): system that allows to change the up-hill locking hardness of the toe part. It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years, provides a proper locking strength for each user and reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism.
- Integrated crampons slot that fits with any ATK® original crampon.
- The MAGNETO® HEEL FLAPS SYSTEM provides 5 walking modes: FLAT MODE, +38 mm, +41 mm, +48 mm, +58 mm.
- CAM RELEASE SYSTEM: stabilises the heel pins and provides the typical torsional stiffness of the ATK® bindings.
- The ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM® absorbs the ski compressions, reducing the pressure on the skiing system and keeping the correct ski radius at any condition.
- The heel part provides a 5-12 adjustment range both for the Vertical Release System (My) and the Lateral Release System (Mz)
- The heel plate provides 25 mm of fast adjustment.
- WEIGHT: 330 GR
- MATERIALS: ALU 7075, POM, Stainless Steel
- CATEGORY: Free Touring
- RELEASE: 5-12
- ADJUSTMENT: 25 mm
- SKI-BRAKE: 75, 86, 91, 97, 102, 108, 120 mm
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.