Strong female skiers who are after a ski boot that will offer high performance and the ultimate in comfort need to check the Tecnica Mach1 105W out. If your boot fitter thinks you need a 100mm lasted ski boot with a higher than average volume, you're about to slide your feet into boot heaven.
Designed for women by women as a part of the Women to Women (W2W) Project (also in Blizzard Skis) the anatomically shaped cuff and liner mean pressure points specific to the female anatomy will be a thing of the past. If the boots do need a little bit of tweaking to be perfect, your boot fitter will have an easy time doing it with Tecnica's Custom Adaptive Shape technology which makes it easy to adjust the liner, shell, boot board and the and cuff of the boot.
Tecnica now features an insulating material called Celliant in their female ski boot liners. Combined with lambswool, both materials work together to increase blood flow and therefore warmth in the ski boot. Sounds good to us!
- 100mm last (25.5)
- C.A.S.: liner & shell
- Shell: Polyester (quick instep for easy entry into the ski boot)
- Cuff: Specific W - Polyolefine
- Footprint: ISO 5355 bi-material
- Liner: C.A.S. - W ULTRAFIT PRO with Celliant Lambswool
- Buckles: 4 micro ALU LIFT LOCK
- Powerstrap: 35mm strap
- Canting: double oversize canting screwed
Ski Boot Flex:
Intermediate - Expert
Intermediate - Expert
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.