Down Wash Direct is an easy to use cleaner for your down clothing and sleeping bags. Specifically formulated to clean, restore water repellency and maintaining fill power of your down piece, Down Wash Direct is essential for everyone who spends time outdoors in winter.
Washing down clothing is super important in maintaining its warmth. Contaminants can attract water and compress the down without your garment. This causes it to lose its loft, and its ability to trap warm air around you. Wet and compressed down also loses a significant amount of its breathability, so if you work up a sweat, it will stay closer to your body, leaving you feeling cold, wet and uncomfortable.
A high quality Down Jacket and Sleeping Bag is akin to a lifeline when you are skiing out in the backcountry. Taking care of these pieces is just as essential as owning them.
How to Use
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place a maximum of 2 items in the washing machine.
- Add 100 ml.
- Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
- After the washing cycle has finished run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed, to remove excess water.
- If you are continuing on to waterproof your jacket using Down Proof, do this now
- Dry using a tumble dryer on low heat with a few clean tennis balls. These help break up the clumps of down
- Incrementally pull your garment out and manually pull apart down clumps to speed up the drying process
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.