Mountain Flow presents the latest eco friendly product to maintaining great glide on your skis. This plant based, biodegradable ski wax will give you a ton of speed without the impact of spreading petroleum based wax & fluorocarbons all over your local hill.
Application to your skis is much the same as any other hot wax, no special tricks necessary. If you don't know how to hot wax your skis, it's easy, jump on youtube for many great tutorials.
The All Temp & Warm waxes are great choices for typical Australian conditions, the Cool & Cold temperatures are more suited to overseas travel.
Moly wax is a specialty wax for tricky waxing conditions, its helps prevent static in cold, dry 'squeaky' snow often found in US or Canada as well as helping prevent dirt particles from affecting your glide. The addition of Molybdenum acts as an additional slip layer between your skis and the snow preventing the feeling of getting stuck. Moly wax is a bit more expensive but will leave you racing away from your friends in certain conditions.
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.