5 Great reasons to buy from us:
Climbing Skins are one of the most important pieces of kit in the Backcountry. Having any piece of gear fail completely will likely ruin a backcountry trip, but having a skin fail could have some dire consequences if you are miles from the trailhead or in glaciated terrain. Like most things in life, preventing issues is a lot cheaper and easier than fixing issues.
Climbing Skin Maintenance
Keep your Skin Glue Clean
- Climbing Skin glue has a tendency to attract dirt, dust, grime, grass fibres, pine needles and everything else out there. Any contaminants to the glue will ultimately inhibit the skins ability to stick to your skis.
- Ski wax is a big contributor to skin glue contamination. Waxing your backcountry skis is important, but take care to scrape and brush all excess wax away before applying skins to them.
Keep Your Skins Dry
- Wet skins are heavy skins, ensuring you dry your skins completely overnight and treating them with waterproofing & skin wax will keep them light and fast.
- When drying skins, avoid close proximity to a heat source.
Keep Your Skins Cool
- Climbing Skins are designed to operate in temperatures from cold to super cold. Letting the temperature of your skins get above 25°C is bad for the longevity of skin glue.
- When drying skins go for airy and cool, avoid drying rooms and drying directly in front of heaters or fires.
- Long term storage through Summer (especially in Australia) presents a challenge for skins. The bottom of a cool cupboard is good for long term storage, else a fridge or freezer can be a good choice.
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a repair or replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Contact us with your proof of purchase to begin the process.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.
- Boots that have been heat-moulded or customised in any way in-store can't be returned
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
"THIS PLACE IS AWESOME"
They sorted me out with a new backcountry setup, and couldn't have been more helpful. Answered all my questions about tech bindings and boots. They obviously use the gear, and seriously know their stuff. They tracked down some hard to find items, and then got my gear sorted and in the post the same afternoon I ordered it. So glad I found this place!
- David M
"GREAT SERVICE AND REALLY FRIENDLY"
I'm in Sydney and they're in Melbourne but no problem getting on the phone with my boot size to mount the bindings and very kindly trim the skins for the skis. Shipping was fast and am impressed by their personal service. Thanks guys! Would definitely shop here again.
- Milan S
"20 YEARS OF PAIN, GONE!"
These insoles have fixed my lifelong pain that I've experienced wearing ski boots. Within 2 hours of skiing with these, my body adjusted to them and I have yet to experience any discomfort / pain whilst using these. 2020 is the first year I've returned to Melbourne from skiing pain free! Will recommend to all my friends.
- Brandon F
“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND GREAT PRICE”
I’m very happy with the advice and service i received from Aussieskier before buying my new skis. The staff are super helpful and sent my skis by courier straight away so I had them in time for an overseas trip. The skis arrived in perfect condition with binding attached and exactly as expected. I would definitely buy from Aussieskier again in the future.
- Christina G
- Opens in a new window.