The Eliminator from Masterfit is a go-to solution for common fit and performance problems. The Eliminator is placed between the user's sock and liner to take up volume and space. The soft EVA foam is tapered from thick in the middle to thin on the outside and will auto-mold during wear.
For specific problem areas, it's possible to cut a 'window' around the problem area to relieve any pressure. This is a great solution for skiers with bruising, scar tissue and shin bang.
It is designed to sit over the instep then up the shin, however once put in place if the boot is too tight over the instep just cut the foam off through that area. Easy!
The Eliminator can also help by:
- Stops shin bite & instep pain
- Relieves calf pressure
- Snugs cuff fit and eliminates heel lift
- Help get skiers out of the “back seat”
- Reduces muscle fatigue
- Prevents “black toe”
Small Size: 22-25 Mondopoint
Large Size: 25.5+ Mondopoint
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.