When getting someone out of an avalanche burial situation, simplicity is key. The Barryvox is a digital 3 antenna beacon that is stripped back of all distractions. Intuitive navigation, powerful search functionality and a compact, durable housing allow the Barryvox to be an ultra-powerful beacon without complication.
The Barryvox stands out due to its wide search range of 70m, matching that of the Barryvox S. This gives users an earlier indication of where people are buried and allows them to react faster. With significant improvements over previous versions, the new Barryvox is more powerful and reliable than ever.
The Mammut Barryvox avalanche transceiver not only has one of the largest receiving ranges and one of the widest safely usable search strips on the market; where it really stands out is its intuitive operation. Because in order to make the best use of your device in an emergency, you need to be able to operate it practically with your eyes closed.
- Height: 27 mm
- W-Link frequency: 916-926 MHz
- Width: 67 mm
- Length: 115 mm
- Battery life: Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND
- Batteries included: Yes
- Sending frequency: 457 kHz
- Digital search strip width: 70 m
- Buried subject marking: mark
- EN standards: EN 300718
- Warranty: 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered
- Battery type: Alkaline 3 x AAA 1.5 volt
- 100% Made in Switzerland, produced and developed in Switzerland
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group test with clear instructions
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof.
- Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test and function test
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.