The Mammut Alugator Light is one of the lightest avalanche shovels on the market. It weighs less than a small cola and can fit into any small daypack. It is the lightest in the Mammut range, but that doesn't stop it from being super effective.
The sharpened, tilt proof blade is made of ultra-robust anodized aluminium, while the attachment holes mean it is easier and faster to construct a snow anchor or rescue sled. The telescopic shaft has an oval profile. This makes the Alugator even more robust.
This is also one of the few avalanche shovels that come in fun colours, the Dragonfruit & Frosty colourways look incredible but don't sacrifice on any performance.
- Shaft length (collapsed): 37 cm
- Blade length: 24 cm
- Collapsed length: 54 cm
- Extended length: 75 cm
- Blade width: 21 cm
- Certification: UIAA 156 avalanche shovel standard
- Hardened, anodized aluminium shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Symmetrical T-grip for optimum transfer of force
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum stability
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back - perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
- Attachment holes for snow anchor and rescue sled
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.