The Tecnica Cochise 105 Dyn Women's ski boot is a hard-charging boot for a hard-charging skier. Any mountain, any snow and any challenge are what the award-winning women's Cochise 105 was designed to conquer.
Featuring lightweight plastic, a walk mode and integrated Dynafit inserts, the touring capabilities of this ski boot are endless. If skiing the resort is your thing, the standard DIN (ISO5355) soles means that you can go into any binding, any time.
Tecnica roadmap problem fit areas with their Custom Adaptive Shape shell, and also make it easier for your boot fitter to work on the boot board and thermomoldable liner. Being able to fine tune and dial in your ski boots is an important part of the ski boot fitting process and something that's easily achievable with the Cochise 105 Dyn Womens boots. There's also Merino Wool in the ski boot liner for insulation to keep your feet toasty warm while your out shredding. Nice!
The benchmark for women's specific Freeride boots, the 105 is designed to let you ski anywhere, anytime. Conquer your mountain!
- 99mm last (25.5)
- 42° range of motion in hike mode
- C.A.S.: liner & shell
- Shell: bi-material Polyester
- Cuff: Specific W profile / bi-material Triax 3.0
- Footprint: Alpine, bi-material with low tech
- Mobility Cuff: NEW - Self Adjusting System
- Liner: ULTRAFIT PRO W CAS liner, Merino
- Buckles: 4 micro ALU
- Ratchets: all screwed - double hook on the cuff
- Powerstrap: 45mm
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.