The R1 Zip Jacket is one of the best synthetic lightweight mid-layers money can buy. Polartec® Power Grid™ is a Patagonia exclusive fabric and is comfortable, stretchy, and super packable. It excels at providing warmth and wicking away sweat no matter what activity you take part in.
Synthetics are known to be quite stinky, the R1 isn't! Treated with their Polygiene treatment this jacket can last weeks without needing to be washed. Perfect for those extended ski trips overseas when doing laundry on the cards.
The R1 can also function as a heavyweight base layer with its comfortable next to skin feel and minimalist zippers. Pair it up with a Nano Air Puffy and Powder Bowl Shell Jacket for ultimate versatility in the Resort.
Fit wise, the R1 is offered in quite a technical fit. Designed to be relatively tight to enhance breathability and wicking.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, this Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odour control is light and breathable with outstanding stretch and durability
- Raglan sleeves for increased mobility and off-shoulder seaming for comfort under a pack
- Centre-front zipper with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets with mesh pocket bags stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt
- Two interior drop-in mesh pockets
- Cuffs and hem are simply and comfortably finished with a cover stitch
- 6.3-oz Polartec® Power Grid™ 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odour control. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing. The fabric is certified as bluesign® approved