The Patagonia Ascensionist 40L Backpack is a lightweight Ski Touring/Alpine Climbing technical pack. It features a rugged but lightweight design, aimed at fast ascents and minimalist multi-day missions.
40L volume is a great amount for an overnight hut trip with the capacity of daypack duties. 40L is a great in-between size if you split your time doing day and multi-day trips. If you need to carry crampons, a bivy sac and a bunch of rope, there is plenty of room in the Ascensionist 40L. The compression straps allow you to manage the load so it doesn't feel huge if you aren't filling it to capacity.
Fit wise the Ascensionist is a dream. With Ergonomic shoulder straps and lift loaders, the comfort is far from the minimalist design of the rest of the pack. Complete with a lightweight hip belt and low profile Sternum strap.
If you want to go far, the Ascensionist will take you there.
- Lightweight, bomber, tear- and abrasion-resistant CORDURA® nylon/polyester ripstop
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- High-density, foam back panel gives pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Padded hipbelt can be removed to create a simple webbing belt
- Daisy chains on the front provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different-sized loads; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating