Package the Mammut Barryvox S with a Shovel and Probe and Save!
This Set contains the Mammut Barryvox S Beacon, Mammut Alugator Ride Shovel and 240 Probe.
The Barryvox S is the new top of the line Avalanche Beacon from Mammut. It comes with all of the reliability and performance of the old Mammut Pulse beacon that guides and rescuers have trusted for years. But with the addition of a few key enhancements.
The Barryvox S is a 3 antenna Beacon that is operable in both Digital and Analog modes, giving you more control over how you search. It has a huge receiving bandwidth and allows the user to use larger search strips, up to 70m.
Smart Search is a new function that provides simple, clear instructions to follow for a rescue. It definitely doesn't replace the need for proper training but helps remind you of how quickly you should be moving and what to do next should you forget. It also interacts with other Barryvox S searchers in order to improve group searchability.
While a number of features that differentiate the Barryvox S from the simpler Barryvox are largely for pro-level use. There are a handful of benefits for casual users as well: a bigger screen, Smart Search & dynamic screen icons that step you through a search.
Please note that the Barryvox S beacons that we receive are specific to the US/Canada/NZ, and the W-Link operates on a band specific to those locations that are not suitable for use in Japan or Europe. If you intend on using your Barryvox S in those locations, there are W-Link features that must be turned off. These features do not affect the traditional Search/Send features that operate on a 457 kHz band worldwide.
- Height: 27 mm
- W-Link frequency: 916-926 MHz
- Width: 67 mm
- Length: 115 mm
- Battery life: Alkaline around 300 hours SEND/Lithium: around 400 hours SEND
- Batteries included: Yes
- Sending frequency: 457 kHz
- Analog search strip width: 100 m
- Digital search strip width: 70 m
- Buried subject marking: mark/unmark
- EN standards: EN 300718
- Warranty: 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered
- Battery type: Alkaline and lithium 3 x AAA 1.5 volt 100%
- Made in Switzerland, produced and developed in Switzerland
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Extended search range: extended receiving bandwidth (analog): up to 95 m; Extended search strip width (analog): 100 m
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Lithium-enabled: also works with lithium batteries: Less risk of leakage. More stable in low temperatures. Longer battery life (350 hours SEND)
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group test with clear instructions
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test and function test
- Smart search interacts with rescuer`s action during the search, making searching simpler and more reliable
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked (MARK) and unmarked (UNMARK)
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Rescue SEND: a Protective function for non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche it automatically switches to SEND to allow the rescuer to be located
- Auto guidance: device continues to guide the rescuer to the buried subject in the event of signal failures or overlaps
- Vital data: 3D sensor helps the rescuer concentrate his or her resources on the buried subjects with the highest chance of survival
- Advanced search settings: individually configurable search settings: pro search, acoustic and visual guidance; automatic switching from search to send (Auto Revert)
- Alternative search mode (analog mode) helps in resolving demanding search scenarios
- Personalization: start screen and user texts (for example, owner information) can be personalized
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
The Alugator Ride is a compressible, lightweight avalanche shovel from Mammut. The performance criteria Mammut shovels have is second to none. It is a simple yet effective shovel that packs small and weighs very little. Perfect for Backcountry use.
- Shaft length (collapsed): 44 cm
- Blade length: 27.5 cm
- Collapsed length: 61 cm
- Extended length: 86 cm
- Blade width: 21.5 cm
- Hardened, anodized aluminium shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Symmetrical T-grip for optimum transfer of force
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum stability
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back - perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
An essential in your avalanche equipment: the Probe 240 Short is a light, durable aluminium probe that packs up small. The glove-compatible system makes locking the probe quick and secure.
- Diameter: 11 mm
- Collapsed length: 38 cm
- Extended length: 240 cm
- Tensioning system: Telescopic Lock
- Number of segments: 7
- Telescopic locking - reliable, effective tensioning system
- Stable, lightweight probe segment made from durable aluminium
- Extremely precise probe scaling on both sides
- Durable tensile tensioning cord for maximum stability of probe tensioning system
- Drop-shaped probe tip for energy-saving probing
- Suitable for use with gloves
- Practical probe cover with integrated emergency plan
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.