Get Kitted for the Backcountry with the K2 Wayback 96 with Bindings and Skins and Save!
The K2 Wayback 96 is a lightweight and high performance touring ski that is great in Australian conditions. 96mm waist is a great balance for typical Australian conditions where hard-snow and soft-snow performance is required. All built into an ultra-light package, only 1325g in a 170cm.
Who’s it for?
The Wayback is perfect for someone to get out there, really out there. These are great as an uphill focused touring ski that doesn’t see time in the resort. With the G3 Ion, the Wayback is a durable, light and high performance oriented touring ski.
Why we love it?
The Wayback is the largest selling touring ski series worldwide for a reason. They are a great shape: progressive tip rocker, minimal tip rocker, a lightweight core with Ti re-inforcement for increased power and holding bindings in. Everything about them screams backcountry and that's something the K2 have perfected over a huge number of years.
- Dimensions: 128-96-115
- Lengths: 170cm, 177cm, 184cm
- Radius: 20m
The Fritschi Xenic is a brand new Swiss-engineered tech binding, coming in at just 280 g. True to Fritschi's roots, the Xenic isn't just a rebadged binding from another company, the Xenic features an all-new Toe Piece design that revolutionises step in ease & power transmission.
The lightweight, easy step-in and the practical operation make the Xenic 10 an exceptionally agile binding for ski tours in any terrain. When skiing downhill, length compensation of 10 mm ensures a reliable release according to the settings.
The innovative frontal unit provides a secure hold in front and with the exceptionally broad heel support in the back. The optimal mix of light high-tech plastics of the latest generation and high-quality metals results in incredible stability.
These bindings come stock without brakes. These can be added down the track and are easy to assemble/disassemble depending on your preferences.
SWISS MADE – from concept to product 99% of the components are made in Switzerland and assembled into high-quality products in Reichenbach.
- Din Range: 4-10
- Weight: 280g without Brakes
- Brake sizes: 85, 95, 105 (Sold Separately)
- Crampon Sizes Available: 85, 95, 105 (Sold Separately)
The G3 Alpinist+ Universal skins are G3's updated version of the ever-popular Alpinist range. With a handful of new features, aimed at improving the experience of alpine touring.
The new extended TPU tip connector, the area close to your tip is notorious for collecting snow while breaking trail and this simple and elegant solution stops snow creep in its tracks. G3 have also updated their glue formula, non-toxic and more durable than ever.
There is a range of Alpinist+ skins, the Universal is optimised for all conditions. Full Nylon construction provides excellent grip and water resistance. It provides an optimal balance of grip, glide and durability.
- No More Snow Creep: New tip connector with extended TPU tip and self-aligning stainless steel hands for a secure, lightweight connection and superior glide while trailbreaking.
- Bomber Tail Connector: G3’s low profile, the elongated tail strap makes transitions fast and easy. The refined camming clip stays positioned on the ski, reduces wear and allows for easy adjustments.
- Removable Rip Strip: Reduces skin-to-skin adhesion, making it easier to pull apart skins. New this year, if your glue gets contaminated on an epic traverse, you can remove the strip for extra adhesion.
- Trim Tool Included: Fastest and simplest trim tool available.
- Premium Plush: Proprietary lightweight, fast gliding, supple yet super durable nylon plush.
- All New Non-Toxic Adhesive: Updated adhesive features a refined formula engineered to let you do more laps and cover more terrain without having to worry about your skins.
- PFOA Free: G3's new skin waterproofing treatment exceeds environmental standards.
- Made in Canada: Proudly designed, tested and manufactured in BC, Canada.
Rocker - Camber
Rocker - Camber
Intermediate - Advanced
Intermediate - Advanced
Length 170cm 177cm 184cm Tip Width (mm) 128 128 128 Waist Width (mm) 96 96 96 Tail Width (mm) 115 115 115 Radius 20m 22m 24m
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.