For years there has been the call for a Full Tilt boot with tech fittings. Enter the Full Tilt Ascendant. Featuring a lightweight, 3-piece shell, this boot will allow you to easily ascend the mountains in any pin binding. The removable tongue allows you to increase the range of motion in tour mode to 60°, and a stretchy snow gaiter will keep all the snow out.
Downhill performance in the Ascendant is strong with the use of a 10 flex tongue. Skiing in a 3 piece boot allows for a smooth, progressive forward flex that doesn't abruptly stop or bottom out. Intuition foam used in the liners is a great insulator, but more importantly, is 100% moldable so you can have the best between comfort and performance. If the liner mold doesn't solve all of your fit issues, take the boot to your local boot fitter to have the shell molded. Then you'll really know what comfort is.
- Last: 102mm (26.5)
- Weight: 1930g per boot (26.5)
- Shell: 100% Heat moldable, 100% Grilamid
- Flex: 10 flex tongue (comparable to 120 flex alpine)
- Walk mode: Yes, 60deg range of motion with tongue removed
- Soles: Gripwalk (rockered rubber touring). Replaceable ISO5355 alpine soles included in the box
- Liner: Intuition Pro Tour with touring notch and lace system
- Buckles: Aluminium ladder with tour hook
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.