Delkin microSD cards aren’t just for tablets & phones anymore; our UHS-I enabled microSD cards are designed specifically for demanding jobs like recording 4k video, continuous shooting and time-lapse photography at short intervals, and quick transfers to your computer. With transfer speeds up to 56MB/s, you can swap these cards between your action camera, smart phone, and tablet, or slide the card into the included SD adapter and use it as a full sized SD card in your camera or any other SD compatible device.
- Action Camera & Smart Phone Approved
- Supports HD, 3D & 4K Video + High Frame Rates
- Time-Lapse, Photo-Burst & Continuous JPEG Ready
- Rugged & Durable
- 56MB/s Read & 40MB/s Write in UHS-I Mode
- 22MB/s Read & 20MB/s Write in Class 10 Mode
- UHS-I (Speed Class 1)
- Tested & Recommended by GoPro® for HERO 3/3+ Cameras
- Includes a Full-sized SD Adapter
Paraphrased from the GoPro website (GoPro SD Card Recommendations):
GoPro SD Card Recommendations
It’s important to use one of the recommended SD cards in your camera, or you may experience freeze-up or video corruption issues. Not all Class 10 microSD cards have the same data write speeds. If you plan to shoot in 4k, 2.7k, or Protune video modes with your HERO3: Black Edition camera, we recommend using one of the following microSD cards for the best performance:
- Delkin 32GB SDHC (DDMICROSDPRO2-32GB)
- Delkin 64GB SDXC (DDMICROSDPRO2-64GB)
We recommend only purchasing name brand SD cards through reputable resellers (manufacturers). A Class 10 MicroSD card up to 64 GB is required.”
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.