The Black Diamond Glidelite Mix skins are a lightweight and capable skin. Coming in around 60g lighter than equivalent models from BD the Glidelite takes weight off your feet and lets you venture deeper into the backcountry.
Black Diamond glue has long been renowned as one of the best, coupled with a 65% mohair skin for incredible glide and 35% Nylon for durability.
Available in a range of lengths, the Glidelites are a great choice that are easy to cut and easy to use.
- Mix of 65% mohair and 35% nylon with updated BD Icon print.
- More supple, 20% more packable and 60 g (1.4 oz) lighter than similar Ascension models Patented STS adjustable tails provide 10 cm of length adjustment
- Adjustable tip attachment to fit a wide range of ski tip shapes
Climbing Skins are one of the most important pieces of kit in the Backcountry. Having any piece of gear fail completely will likely ruin a backcountry trip, but having a skin fail could have some dire consequences if you are miles from the trailhead or in glaciated terrain. Like most things in life, preventing issues is a lot cheaper and easier than fixing issues.
Climbing Skin Maintenance
Keep your Skin Glue Clean
- Climbing Skin glue has a tendency to attract dirt, dust, grime, grass fibres, pine needles and everything else out there. Any contaminants to the glue will ultimately inhibit the skins ability to stick to your skis.
- Ski wax is a big contributor to skin glue contamination. Waxing your backcountry skis is important, but take care to scrape and brush all excess wax away before applying skins to them.
Keep Your Skins Dry
- Wet skins are heavy skins, ensuring you dry your skins completely overnight and treating them with waterproofing & skin wax will keep them light and fast.
- When drying skins, avoid close proximity to a heat source.
Keep Your Skins Cool
- Climbing Skins are designed to operate in temperatures from cold to super cold. Letting the temperature of your skins get above 25°C is bad for the longevity of skin glue.
- When drying skins go for airy and cool, avoid drying rooms and drying directly in front of heaters or fires.
- Long term storage through Summer (especially in Australia) presents a challenge for skins. The bottom of a cool cupboard is good for long term storage, else a fridge or freezer can be a good choice.
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.