The new Black Diamond Guide BT is an industry-leading, professional-grade avalanche beacon. It features cutting-edge technology for long-range and multiple burial searching, and Bluetooth functionality.
The Guide BT is a powerful beacon with a massive 60m circular range, mark and scan function for multiple burials, and an auto antenna switch that automatically adjusts to send the best signal. Throw in a self-check function for always-accurate antennas and Digital Signal Processing to account for wayward beacon signals, and the Guide BT is as reliable as it is capable.
The Bluetooth connection makes it much easier to manage settings, software updates and battery optimization from your smartphone, via the PIEPS mobile app.
The included harness-style carrying pouch provides comfortable, streamlined storage and fast removal for beacon practice and emergency response.
Why we love it?
The Black Diamond Guide BT is the latest iteration of the pro level PIEPS beacons of old. Since BD bought PIEPS, they have added a few crucial updates to their gear. And it now features the support of Black Diamond, one of the largest, most reliable backcountry gear brands in the world.
- Housing with soft-touch contact points for improved ergonomics and handling
- Bluetooth functionality allows the user to manage settings, software updates and optimization from the PIEPS mobile app
- Three antennas
- A circular range for an extended, symmetrical search area
- Mark and scan function for multiple burial scenarios
- Digital Signal Processor to pick up beacons transmitting drifted signals
- Integrated inclinometer for easy slope-angle assessment
- Continuous carrier mode for use with older, analog beacons
- Reliable direction and distance indication from the point of the original signal
- Compatible with TX600 and iProbe for added search capabilities
- Updateable software via Bluetooth and the PIEPS mobile app or USB (sold separately)
- Harness-style carrying pouch included
- Weight: 225 g (7.9 oz)
- Frequency: 457 kHz (EN300718)
- Battery Life: 400 h send mode
- Search Strip Width: 60 m (197 ft)
- Maximum Range: 60 m (197 ft)
- Power Supply: 3 AAA Batteries
- Dimensions: 115 x 75 x 28 mm (4.5 x 3 x 1.1 in)
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.