The Black Crows Orb Freebird is the culmination of years of experience making bomber Alpine Touring Skis by the French designers. In classic Black Crows fashion the ski has every feature you want for long days out in the Backcountry and not a ounce more. The perfect balance between being very lightweight and still being able to be driven hard.
If you've spent any time in Chamonix, you will know the incredible feats that are possible strapped to a pair of Freebirds with a lightweight Tech Binding.
Looking for a Touring Ski Package? We have taken the guesswork out of it for you. Buy a Black Crows Orb Freebird Ski, Binding and Skins Package now!
- moderate width: 91 mm waist.
- front rocker: pivot and float.
- medium classic camber: classic camber underfoot with moderate ski/snow contact = a good balance between stability and manoeuvrability.
- titanal reinforcement under the bindings: better hold.
- moderate flex: a tolerant and comfortable ski.
- plastic insert and cut-out on the tail: easier to put skins on.
- lighter core: 2.75kg per pair in 172 cm.
Rocker - Camber
Rocker - Camber
Intermediate - Expert
Intermediate - Expert
Length 166cm 172cm 178cm 183cm Tip Width (mm) 120 121 122 124 Waist Width (mm) 91 91 91 91 Tail Width (mm) 106 107 109 111 Radius 18m 18m 18m 18m
Fritschi Xenic - When lightweight meets minimalism.
State of the art lightweight touring binding with excellent power transfer.
G3 Zed - All of the features, none of the weight.
Easy step in, multiple riser heights, optional brakes and excellent downhill performance, all with G3's known reliability.
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.