Get Kitted for the Backcountry with the Black Crows Navis Freebird with Bindings and Skins!
The Navis Freebird is our opinion of the archetypal touring ski. It is a strong, freeriding touring ski that can handle the demands of daily use in any snow conditions.
The Navis Freebird features a titanal binding reinforcement plate to improve the strength and durability of the ski. Combined with carbon and glass layers, the Navis Freebird feels like a strong ski despite its weight.
102mm waist width gives the versatility to excel in the range of conditions you see outside the ropes, with tip rocker, traditional camber and mild tail rocker the most suitable geometry to provide smooth and catch-free turn initiation in all snow types.
At 3.4kg the Navis Freebird is light but without compromising performance, always the equation at the back of ski tourers minds.
- Nice width: 102mm waist.
- Front progressive rocker and lightly tapered sidecut: good carving stability.
- Long classic camber: classic camber underfoot with extensive ski/snow contact for alpine-style turns.
- Progressive tail: less tail washout and easier pivot initiation.
- Lighter core: 3.4kg per pair in 179cm.
The Fritschi Tecton 12 is an outstanding choice in the free touring binding category. Made entirely in Switzerland, the Tecton is a piece of art. Performance, Ease of Use and Safety are the name of the game in crossover bindings, and the Tecton excels in all three.
Combining a Pin Toe with a non-turning alpine heel, the Tecton transfers energy directly from the boot to the ski without any power loss.
Coming in at ~630g with brakes, the Tecton is light. This is made possible by mixing light high-tech synthetics and high-quality metal alloys. This makes uphills a breeze and downhills a blast.
The Tecton features a state of the art toe piece with 13mm of lateral elasticity, the highest of any tech binding. This prevents unwanted release and improves the feel of the binding.
Combined with Vertical Elasticity in the heel and a release lever on the toe. Vertical releases have never been so sound.
Ease of Use
The Toe Piece has a strategically positioned bumper to aide step in and allows for use of your pole to ease your way into the pins. Combined with the ability to change from Ski to Walk Modes, and vice versa, without needing to step out of the ski.
The G3 Alpinist+ Universal skins are G3's updated version of the ever-popular Alpinist range. With a handful of new features, aimed at improving the experience of alpine touring.
The new extended TPU tip connector, the area close to your tip is notorious for collecting snow while breaking trail and this simple and elegant solution stops snow creep in its tracks. G3 have also updated their glue formula, non-toxic and more durable than ever.
There is a range of Alpinist+ skins, the Universal is optimised for all conditions. Full Nylon construction provides excellent grip and water resistance. It provides an optimal balance of grip, glide and durability.
- No More Snow Creep: New tip connector with extended TPU tip and self-aligning stainless steel hands for a secure, lightweight connection and superior glide while trailbreaking.
- Bomber Tail Connector: G3’s low profile, the elongated tail strap makes transitions fast and easy. The refined camming clip stays positioned on the ski, reduces wear and allows for easy adjustments.
- Removable Rip Strip: Reduces skin-to-skin adhesion, making it easier to pull apart skins. New this year, if your glue gets contaminated on an epic traverse, you can remove the strip for extra adhesion.
- Trim Tool Included: Fastest and simplest trim tool available.
- Premium Plush: Proprietary lightweight, fast gliding, supple yet super durable nylon plush.
- All New Non-Toxic Adhesive: Updated adhesive features a refined formula engineered to let you do more laps and cover more terrain without having to worry about your skins.
- PFOA Free: G3's new skin waterproofing treatment exceeds environmental standards.
- Made in Canada: Proudly designed, tested and manufactured in BC, Canada.
Rocker - Camber
Rocker - Camber
Intermediate - Expert
Intermediate - Expert
Length 167 173 179 185 Tip Width (mm) 136 138 138 139 Waist Width (mm) 102 102 102 102 Tail Width (mm) 116 118 119 120 Radius 18m 19m 19m 19m
Any defective items that are still within the manufacturer’s warranty period will be returned to the manufacturer or their local agent for warranty assessment.
The manufacturer or their local agent has sole discretion in determining whether an item is defective and qualifies for a replacement.
Be sensible – if you slide rails or hit rocks, your skis aren’t going to get replaced.
Chips to the edges of a ski's topsheet & topsheet peeling caused by skiing with your feet close together or banging your skis together on a lift are not covered by warranty.
Luggage: Please note that luggage warranties specifically refer to manufacturing defects, not damage sustained during travel. For example a tear in the fabric isn't covered, but a burst seam or defective zip is.
Airline policies differ, but generally require you to report damage sustained to your luggage either at the airport or within 1-3 days of your flights in order to receive compensation.
Too big, too small, not stoked on the colour? No worries!
If you are not happy with your product purchased from aussieskier.com you can return, subject to the below conditions, within 30 days of purchasing your item. First step is to lodge an RMA request on our Return Portal
Items marked as Clearance are not eligible for a return. (Under Australian Consumer Law, defective items are not affected by this policy and will be treated as per the above Warranty section)
Return shipping to us is at your own cost.
- The item must be in unused/unworn and in re-saleable condition
- Packaging must be original & undamaged with all stickers/tags etc still attached & factory seal intact.
- Avalanche Safety items are not eligible for returns
- Device must not have been turned on and/or the battery inserted.
- Device must be returned in factory sealed packaging.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns/exchanges on skis that have been mounted.
- Specifically for ski boots we ask you to not mark the soles while trying them on at home, only walk on carpet, boots used on concrete/hard surfaces will be refused a return.
- Any attempt at heat moulding/boot modification will void the eligibility for return.