We’re currently seeking an experienced Ski Retail Leader & qualified Ski Boot Fitter for our 2 Grattan Street Prahran location. Reporting directly to the business owners, the role will be to oversee the physical operation of our business and be responsible for in-store sales, visual merchandising and providing excellent customer service.
This new team member will be passionate about skiing and the gear that comes with it, be excited to work in a family owned and operated small business and understand the importance of helping customers achieve the best possible ski experience.
The role will be a full time position, Tuesday - Saturday, for the Australian Winter. Continuation through the northern hemisphere season (November- February) and a year-round position is our intention, but will be dependent on International travel recommencing / COVID Vaccine etc.
Retail Sales Leader
- Management of the Prahran showroom - both stock and staff
- Rostering of casual staff and management of timesheeting
- Providing outstanding customer experiences by connecting with every customer and asking open ended questions to assess needs
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered, and ensuring the team is trained and able to provide excellent sales service
- Advise and sell ski hardware, ski boots, soft goods and accessories
- Processing transactions via the POS system
- Monitor store appearance and replenish merchandise displays
- Prepare and submit stock and consumable order requests in a timely fashion;
- Undertake training supplied by aussieskier and relevant suppliers to further product & service knowledge;
Warehouse & Online
- Assist with counting, receipting and putting away supplier deliveries
- Maintain clean and orderly warehouse
- Assist with picking & packing of online orders when required
- Assist with email / phone enquiries when required
Ski Boot Fitting
- Undertake foot measurement and lower anatomy biomechanical assessment and have an awareness of basic podiatry principles;
- Describe and promote products in line with customers expressed needs;
- Assist customers with boot selection;
- Perform heat moulding of liners and adjustment of alignment;
- Create custom foot beds;
- Adjust/modify the boot shell fit via stretching/grinding;
- Maintain a clean and safe workshop area;
Behaviours and Attitude
- Commitment to exceptional customer service and the building of customer loyalty;
- Autonomous and operates with initiative;
- Commitment to professional growth and seeks internal and external opportunities for continuing education;
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to Managers, Supervisors and peers at all times;
- Good under pressure and able to multi-task;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally;
- Driven and results focused;
- Have quick thinking and thoughtful judgements;
- Highly organised, punctual, reliable and astute with high attention to detail;
- Willingness to remain abreast of development across the ski industry, including trends and insights.
- Display an enthusiastic and positive outlook
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and details of relevant retail and bootfitting experience/qualifications.