We’re currently seeking experienced casual snow retail staff for our Prahran location - experience with selling snow soft and hardgoods preferred, especially ski boot fitting experience.
These new team members will be passionate about skiing and the gear that comes with it, be excited to work in a family owned and operated small business and understand the importance of helping customers achieve the best possible ski experience.
The roles will be casual positions during the Australian Winter months May to September with summer possibilities dependent on international travel recommencing / COVID Vaccine etc.
- Providing outstanding customer experiences by connecting with every customer and asking open ended questions to assess needs
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered, and ensuring the team is trained and able to provide excellent sales service
- Advise and sell ski hardware, ski boots, soft goods and accessories
- Processing transactions via the POS system
- Monitor store appearance and replenish merchandise displays
- Undertake training supplied by aussieskier and relevant suppliers to further product & service knowledge; Be able to then pass that knowledge on to fellow colleagues;
Warehouse & Online
- Assist with counting, receipting and putting away supplier deliveries
- Maintain clean and orderly warehouse
- Assist with picking & packing of online orders when required
- Assist with email / phone enquiries when required
Ski Boot Fitting
- Undertake foot measurement and lower anatomy biomechanical assessment and have an awareness of basic podiatry principles;
- Describe and promote products in line with customers expressed needs;
- Assist customers with boot selection;
- Perform heat moulding of liners and adjustment of alignment;
- Create custom foot beds;
- Adjust/modify the boot shell fit via stretching/grinding;
- Maintain a clean and safe workshop area;
Behaviours and Attitude
- Commitment to exceptional customer service and the building of customer loyalty;
- Autonomous and operates with initiative;
- Commitment to professional growth and seeks internal and external opportunities for continuing education;
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to Managers, Supervisors and peers at all times;
- Good under pressure and able to multi-task;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally;
- Driven and results focused;
- Have quick thinking and thoughtful judgements;
- Highly organised, punctual, reliable and astute with high attention to detail;
- Willingness to remain abreast of development across the ski industry, including trends and insights.
- Display an enthusiastic and positive outlook
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and details of relevant retail and bootfitting experience/qualifications.